Monday, March 17, 2014

One Month Old Photo Op!

Evan is one month old! I cannot believe that we are at a date that you could count as a meaningless anniversary for a high school couple. Evan gave Ian and I a present even better than any sliver charm bracelet from the mall - he slept for 7 hours in a row! I doubt this will be a reoccurring event, but it gave us hope that there is a future where regularly occurring REM sleep is achievable.  To celebrate we took cheesy pictures of Evan that I hope come out to embarrass him on his wedding day:





And of course there were a few times that Evan conscientiously objected to the pose we selected for him:



The actual day itself went quite well - starting with tummy time and concluding with a birthday bath that Evan did not pee in. For all non-parent readers, this is a big deal.  In fact, we have started doing a 'pre-bath' with Evan in a medium sized plastic bin filled with warm water so that he can happily pee himself and we can quickly throw that water out and dump him into the actual bathtub where we can clean him sans any bodily fluids.  I have not yet taken any pictures of this ritual since I am not sure who it embarrasses more, me (for washing my child in Tupperware) or him (for enjoying urinating himself in Tupperware).  I did snap a few adorable shots of him and Ian with the shark towel.


I can't believe how much he has grown in just one month!

4 comments:

  1. He HAS grown so much!! I love the little "1" button that he took pictures with. He is so photogenic! And yay for him not peeing in the bath AND sleeping 7 hours! What a big boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That towel IS the definition of adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, I think ultimately he will be more embarrassed about peeing in tupperware! What great pictures! And we did not take pics of Ben with the month stickers, and sorely regret it. We look back at pics of him and think, how old was he there? and then make an educated but sleep-deprived guess. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of our friends had the month stickers and forgot to use them so they gave them to us. I definitely would not have had the brain power to think to buy them myself :)

    ReplyDelete