Eat, poop and sleep. Everyone has said that these three things are what we would be focused on for the first few weeks. As Ian observed, we thought that these tenants of babydom only applied to the newborn, but really it's how all three of us make it through the day. Evan has become very talented at all three tenants (especially poop), while Ian and I seem to be unable to attain the last one, sleep.
 |
| Evan showing off his mad sleeping skills. |
The sleep thing does not bother me as much, however, as the inability to do anything other than the three tenants of babydom. There are 24 useable hours in a day. I am now awake for most of them. How then, is it impossible for me to manage a shower, walk outside and preparation of a meal during the day? These are things I did regularly pre-baby along with working a 9+ hour day! On the days that we do a bath for Evan, all chances of both Ian and I getting a shower in are totally out the window.
 |
| Good excuse for a cute bath time pic! |
Somehow, we are (somewhat smelly-ly) making it. Ian is managing to teach his classes and I have not gone out of my mind yet. We have also arrived close to on time for every pediatrician visit so far. This is a particularly impressive feat since there are approximately a million visits you have to do in the first month.
 |
| At the pediatrician in his bear suit. |
That said we love our pediatrician and visiting him. Not only because he looks like Jeff Goldblum circa 1994, but also because every visit we bring our list of "oh crap this happens, does that make us bad parents??" and get affirmed that no, as of yet we have not screwed Evan up to the point of being considered bad parents.
 |
| Our pediatrician. He is also good at hunting dinosaurs and aliens. |
All in all it is going pretty well. We are all figuring out how we work in our new routine (or lack thereof) and having fun as we watch our little guy grow.
 |
| Another excuse for a cute baby pic! |
Y'all are so great! :) and EXCELLENT excuses for baby pics... however I really think no excuses are necessary... random pics of my perfect little nephew are more than welcome... :) lol! :) Love y'all!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteHe's so cute! I think he's amazing and y'all are definitely NOT screwing him up!
ReplyDeleteGreat post B! i was laughing out loud because everything you said is so true! Its hard to imagine how the days fly by, but it gets better over time. and hey, you had time to post this, right? :) hope you start getting more sleep soon!!
ReplyDeleteI loved reading this!! I especially liked the babydom stuff. Very original!
ReplyDelete