After living the past 10 or so years in Texas, I have forgotten about the wonderment that is fall. We always had a long summer, a few days of winter, then a quick spring lasting only until summer took over again. The lack of autumn made me forget about all the beauty that comes with the slow change of weather. Well, fall has come in full force to Denver and I am in love. In the ten minute drive from downtown to our house we get views like this:
 |
| City Park |
And this:
 |
| Hudson St |
And there were only pictures from my car. When you actually get out and walk around, it is just gorgeous. When we moved here I got really excited about seeing the first snow and a spring that actually brings a bloom, but completely forgot about fall. I don't think I will forget it from now on.
As you can see this brings tons and tons of leaves tumbling down (especially with the 30 mph winds we get within city limits), but luckily the giant tree in our front yard has yet to let them drop, or even change color. But even with the lack of change in our yard, I think the view from our front porch is my favorite:
 |
| Sitting area of the front porch |
The fall atmosphere just gets me excited and wanting to go out and explore everyday. Maybe this is some sort of evolutionary thing - perhaps I am biologically now ready to go plow some fields...or something. Whatever it is, that crisp feeling in the air may just push fall past spring and make it my favorite time of year. Hopefully I will have the same reaction to the upcoming winter snows!
I've been doing the exact same thing here. I took some GREAT photos of the fall leaves around the bosque and was really excited to get fall weather along with fall colors.
ReplyDeletemaybe not plow fields, but you may want to invest in a rake! :) love those pics, and so glad i got to experience it myself this weekend!!
ReplyDeleteWow, this native Texan is jealous of your Colorado fall. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteaww! it's beautiful! you're going to love it there!
ReplyDeleteI am totally loving it...but the fall is crazy. It was 25 degrees this morning and then got up to like 65!
ReplyDelete