Monday, November 8, 2010

DMV Diet Part Deux: 9 Things I Have Learned In My Past Few Weeks of "Diet and Exercise"

1. I don't diet. Exercise will have to do.

2. Pilates is for people who are already skinny and want to "tone."

3. I need to tone like a deaf person needs to worry about perfecting their operatic vibrato.

4. The first free training session is not free, it costs you however many lessons you need to be able to do what you feel shamed you could not do with the instructor.

5. Spinning class will make your thighs bigger, but that burn is the crack of endorphin highs.

6. I look like a damn fool when I kickbox.

7.  Free weights are only for people under 100 pounds or over 200 pounds, everyone else must use the machines for fear of embarrassment.

8.  Deciding to do a p90x routine at home later instead of going to the gym = not working out that day.

9. Writing a pseduo-cooking blog does not help to match your actual weight to your "I lied about it on my drivers license" weight.

3 comments:

  1. Those are all really important things to know about oneself. Here's what I think:

    1. Dieting is lame. I completely agree with you on the exercise front.

    2. I don't like pilates. I never feel like I a) sweat b)am doing anything but stretching

    3. If my arms looked more toned, I'm pretty sure David wouldn't love me anymore

    4. I hate going to those training sessions. They don't encourage you to work out. They instead encourage you to go home and eat a tub of ice cream out of sadness.

    5. Spinning is the best workout invention in my opinion.

    6. Kickboxing only looks cool if you're a ripped black guy.

    7. I can't do free weights at all. Usually, I use the machine because I won't drop that on someone's toe.

    8. p90x doesn't have my convinced. There. I said it.

    9. Cooking blogs help your happiness level. See #1. :)

    And don't worry about lying on a governmental document. I'm sure that there are worse offenders in your state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno... She IS a lawyer. Nah- I'm just kidding!
    Happiness is key!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am most impressed by how early you make these posts every morning! I'm impressed by how early you wake up every day... and I agree with all of the above, and would like to add that thinking i will go running when it's below 40 degrees outside is like thinking i won't want dessert.. every night...

    ReplyDelete