Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It Snowed And Babies!

Right after I posted about the veggie soup, the sleety rain we'd had all day turned into snow! I think the weatherman reads my blog. I got super excited and pulled out my phone right away to get some pics. Here you can see the snow falling in HUGE flakes:
The streaks over the shed are the flakes!
It only took about ten minutes for it to go from that to this:
I know it's not a ton of snow, but I got overly excited and tried to do all the silly things you do as a kid when it snows - catch a flake on your tongue, spin in circles, and take dumb pictures:
Please excuse the general appearance and sweatband -
I had just gotten back from the gym!
Ian kept his composure a bit more and enjoyed staying inside drinking hot chocolate. (He had just made it home biking in the sleet). I told him he was lame and refused to take any snowtime pictures not in the snow. He redeemed himself, though, by finding an awesome recipe for a Hot Toddy - my new favorite winter drink. The one we settled on was:

1 TBS honey
2 oz Brandy
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup hot black tea
You just coat the mug with honey then add the Brandy and lemon juice. Then brew the tea in another glass once it has fully steeped, pour in. Yummy and warms you up quick! I think I'll be making a lot of variations on that this winter!

I then started in on cooking dinner - steak with gnocchi and stuffed mushrooms. I had just started boiling the potatoes when we got a call from Ian's cousin saying she was going into labor! A while ago we told her we would babysit her house/dogs out in Boulder while she was in the hospital, so I quickly tossed out the potatoes (I'm just going to call it - I will never be able to complete gnocchi) and we jumped into our car to drive into the mountains during our first snowstorm. They live in a beautiful house way up in the mountains with great views of everything...so rustic that there is not even cell phone reception! 

When we got there, they looked very excited and happy as they rushed off to the hospital, with a half ton of baby necessities in tow. So, Ian and I will be holding down the fort here for the next few days while they bring "Peanut" into the world. I'll update with pics as soon as I have them!

5 comments:

  1. Those are two very exciting things in one post! Yay for snow and babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, yay for both!! and yay for getting to stay in a fancy nice house in the mountains for a few days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanut has arrived! 7 lbs, 13 ozs of adorableness!

    ReplyDelete